Wondering how to eat a healthier and homemade option of the so famous subway cookies? I’ve come ready to give you the same tasteful experience but this time with a little twist.
This recipe is gluten free, but apart from that this cookies are full on; they have sugar, butter and eggs. The reason why I made them gluten free is because there is a huge amount of people that don’t tolerate gluten or are allergic to it.
Something that I want you to remember is self-control and the importance of having a balance lifestyle which is also about being able to treat yourself sometimes without excess. If you know how to control yourself, you will always enjoy the best of both worlds when it comes about food.
Two tips to remember when making subway style cookies are: Firstly, always keep an eye in the oven while the cookies are cooking because all ovens cook and work slightly different. Therefore, keep your eyes open! Secondly, use butter at room temperature (soft enough to be able to push your finger into it easily without resistance, but not melted.), this will allow the cookies to stay soft even after cooling down.
Quantity: 11 cookies
- 4 oz stick softened unsalted butter at room temperature
- 4 oz brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons stevia
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 oz gluten free flour (I used Orgran plain flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dark chocolate chips (to the taste)
- Preheat the oven at 170ºC and prepare a tray with baking paper.
- Weight all the ingredients and place aside in separate containers.
- Cut the butter into small cubes and place in a big bowl.
- Add the sugar and stevia to the butter and beat or whisk together until the mixture is soft and well smooth.
- Add 1 egg and beat or whisk again.
- Add vanilla extract, sift flour and baking soda. Incorporate everything together until a smooth mixture.
- Fold the chocolate chips into the dough.
- With two spoons grab a little bit of the dough and create a little rounded shape or ball, then place it on the tray and make the other cookies in the same size. Place each cookie one by one on the tray with 5 cm of distance in between each other.
- Bake for about 7 min and then with a spoon flatten the top of the cookie a bit. Then leave cook for other 4 min.
- Retire from the oven and allow to cool down completely.
This cookies are soft, but it depends on how long you cook them in the oven. If you want them to be more crispy leave them cooking longer time without burning them. Otherwise, just follow the recipe above.
Maria is a qualified personal trainer, fitness instructor, nutrition coach, Chef and athlete. Her philosophy is, basically, based on transforming body and mindset simultaneously to achieve the best results from inside out. Boosting energy levels and improving overall health are her main keys to help you out have the body you have always dreamed of. Her methods are 100% natural and healthy.