If you are looking for a ready to go salad, you are in the right place!
This is a salad that you can prepare, mix and save in the fridge for about two days. Most of the ingredients are fresh and green, therefore it’s good to keep their freshness untouched! Keeping it more than 3 days in the fridge will affect its flavour and freshness.
Keep reading below to know how to make this deliciously healthy recipe!
- Serves: 2
For the salad
- 1 chicken breast
- 100gr kale
- Handful green beans
- 1 yellow baby onion
- Half Lebanese cucumber or of a small other cucumber
- Handful roquette/arugula
- 1/2 small green apple
- Roasted cashews (Optional)
For the home-made yogurt mayo
- 2 Tablespoons of greek yogurt
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive
- 1 Tablespoon water
For the salad
- In a pot, pour water until it is almost filled, and boil. Once the water has boiled, soak the chicken breast an leave it cooking for about 1 hour at medium heat. Note: Make sure the water is always above the chicken breast level. Don’t leave the chicken dry.
- While the chicken is cooking, add water in another pot and boil it. While this is happening, prepare a chopping board and separate the kale leaves from the stem, wash the leaves and chop them into small pieces. Also, clean the ends of the green beans and discard them, wash the useful parts and then cut them in half. Once the water has boiled, blench the kale and green beans for about 30 sec. Then put the kale leaves and green beans in cold water to stop the cooking and strain the water. Set all aside in the fridge.
- Slice the onion, cut the cucumber in batonettes, wash the roquette/arugula. Set all aside in the fridge.
- Once the chicken is ready, strain all the water (You can use this water as a stock to cook a soup or make a jus). Leave the chicken cool down and when it has cool down shred it with your hands or two forks.
- Slice the apple.
- Place all the ingredients for the salad in a bowl and mix well and gently. Note: You can add the mayo now or once is served. Finish the salad with some roasted cashews on top.
For the dressing
- In a small container add all the ingredients in whatever order and then mix it well until the mayo is creamy and smooth. Note: You can use a whisk or a fork to mix the dressing.
If you have left over salad, do not hesitate to put in a take away container for later on.
You can save the home-made yogurt mayo in a closed container in the fridge.
You can watch the gallery below.
Maria is a qualified personal trainer, fitness instructor, nutrition coach, Chef and athlete. Her philosophy is, basically, based on transforming body and mindset simultaneously to achieve the best results from inside out. Boosting energy levels and improving overall health are her main keys to help you out have the body you have always dreamed of. Her methods are 100% natural and healthy.