A perfect Sicilian delight for the weekend!
For the sauce:
- Half onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup diced Capsicum
- 1 tomato
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 300g uncooked prawns
- Basil leaves
- 300ml Siciliana sauce brand: Specially or another of your preference
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 250ml water
- Lemon juice
For the pasta:
- 250g wholemeal spaghetti
- Pinch of pink salt
- Parmesan cheese
- Clean the prawns if needed, put them in a container and set aside in the fridge.
- Dice the onion, capsicum, tomato and butternut squash and chop the garlic cloves.
- In a hot pot (Medium heat) add a bit of extra virgin olive oil and cook the vegetables. Cook them until they get a nice and golden color.
- In the same pot add 300ml Siciliana sauce, 200ml water and leave it cooking at medium heat for approximately 25 min until it has reduced to a good sauce consistency.
Note: Don’t leave the sauce dry out, if it needs a bit more water please don’t hesitate to add a little bit more. The important thing is the consistency.
- Start boiling the water for the spaghetti in a pot with a pinch of salt.
Note: You can do this 15 minutes before the Sicilian sauce has reduced.
- Once the Siciliana sauce has reduced set aside on low heat and sauté the prawns in a separate hot pan for approx. 2 minutes.
- Once the prawns are ready add them to the Siciliana sauce, add also the lemon juice, basil leaves, a pinch of pink salt and the rest of the water (50ml). Cover the pot and cook at medium heat for around 5 min. Once the 5 min are over, turn off the fire at set thesauce aside.
- Once the water has boiled add a pinch of pink salt and the spaghetti. Leave it cooking for approx. 8 min until the pasta is aldente.
- Once the pasta is ready, pass it through a colander and transfer the spaghetti to the Sicilian sauce’s pot. Mix well and serve it.
- For a perfect result add some parmesan cheese at the end!!
Maria is a qualified personal trainer, fitness instructor, nutrition coach, Chef and athlete. Her philosophy is, basically, based on transforming body and mindset simultaneously to achieve the best results from inside out. Boosting energy levels and improving overall health are her main keys to help you out have the body you have always dreamed of. Her methods are 100% natural and healthy.